Tuesday, February 26, 2013

what it feels like to be back home

so we're home, and it feels so right. now that the boxes are unpacked (or just thrown in the attic) we feel as though we're home and exactly where we should be right now. we had hesitation coming back, but now that we are here I'm happy with our decision. there are still daily reminders of the destruction that sandy bestowed upon the jersey shore and our house, like the debris that litters the beach out front or our torn up yard, or the fact that the boardwalk we would take evening walks on is no longer there. we are beyond grateful that we were able to come home, as so many have not been able to yet or will never be able to. I'm happy to say that I'm finally sleeping at night now, and I haven't had any nightmares since coming home. It's so nice to be able to wake up and not feel so down and unmotivated. since being home for the past few weeks we have been able to attend our playgroups, and library classes and I feel our little routine we enjoyed before the storm setting in again. I even got out to a moms night last week with some ladies, yay! I'm feeling like myself again, and finally moving on from this horrible storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment