Friday, March 29, 2013

breakfast time

breakfast has to be my kids best meal of the day, so I really try and take advantage of that and provide a good healthy breakfast for them. now don't get me wrong somedays it's cold cereal with fruit but for the most part I try to limit those days. oatmeal is one of my favorite ways to add a lot of healthy into a little bowl. we start with rolled oats and go from there, changing it up and letting the twins help me add some things. this morning we did a peanut butter oatmeal, it was a hit and provided a lot of calories and healthy fat.

Ingredients:
rolled oats
peanut butter
smashed banana
plain whole milk yogurt
coconut oil
flax meal
chia seeds

as I cook the oatmeal, I smash my banana and add a spoonful if peanut butter to each bowl. I put in a small spoonful of coconut oil to the cooking oatmeal this way it melts it down nice right into the oatmeal. when the oatmeal is done cooking I add it to the bowls with the smashed bananas and peanut butter, add a little bit of yogurt and then I let the twins help add the "seeds" ( the flax and chia), they get very excited for this part. ill serve the oatmeal along with a fruit, today it was cut up oranges. so there you have it, it's what we eat for breakfast.










No comments:

Post a Comment