Thursday, December 13, 2012

I just want to go home

well it's about two and half weeks from January, our move back home date, my lets just get through the next two months then you will be home date. but now we may not be back in our home by January. we just talked to our landlord and he can't say whether or not the house will be ready by January. and he told us to go ahead and make plans for our temporary housing for January to play it safe. it's out of his control and we get that, really we do. contractors are in high demand and there is just so much work and rebuilding to be done. it's just a waiting game at this point.

it sucks though, absolutely sucks. I just want to go home and move on with life, feel settled, feel at home again. I know, I know i shouldn't even feel this way and I feel guilty for feeling this way but this is how I feel. there are so many people who lost everything and have nowhere to go, or even worse have lost loved ones in this storm and here I am complaining when I have a roof over my head and my precious babies asleep jn their beds. trust me I am beyond grateful for all that I have but I still hurt inside.

so it looks like we will have to sign a lease for another month of temporary housing, and another month away from home.


2 comments:

  1. So sorry, your situation can't be easy.:/ Enjoy the holidays tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, and yes we did enjoy our holidays anyway

      Delete