Saturday, January 19, 2013

where we stand

I haven't posted in awhile and I guess it's just been because of the holiday craziness and then just feeling unmotivated lately, I apologize. we are still in our temporary housing, and almost three months post hurricane sandy. we did a walk through of the house recently and these are some of the pictures I took from that visit. we also drove around the area, this was my first time driving around the area since sandy. and wow, the devastation that we saw took my breath away. we saw homes that were just ruble, garbage piles, and army men standing guard. it's still hard to wrap my head around it all. it's different seeing pictures on tv and then seeing it in person. hurricanes happen all the time, but here in NJ we don't see storms like this.
we got a call from our landlord last night saying if things go as planned this weekend we may be able to go home by next weekend.....I'm not sure if I should get excited yet or wait and see how the weekend goes. I so badly want to go home and move on from this but I don't really know what that looks like.






















No comments:

Post a Comment